Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the The Chronicles of Prydain series.
- #1: The Book of Three (The Chronicles of Prydain #1) (Paperback): $7.99
- #2: The Black Cauldron (The Chronicles of Prydain #2) (Paperback): $7.99
- #3: The Castle of Llyr: The Chronicles of Prydain, Book 3 (Paperback): $7.99
- #4: Taran Wanderer: The Chronicles of Prydain, Book 4 (Paperback): $7.99
- #6: The Foundling: And Other Tales of Prydain (The Chronicles of Prydain #6) (Paperback): $7.99
The High King by Lloyd Alexander
When the most powerful weapon in the land of Prydain falls into the hands of Arawn, Lord of the Land of Death, Taran and Prince Gwydion rally an army to stand up to the dark forces.
The companions' last and greatest quest is also their most perilous. The biting cold of winter is upon them, adding to the danger they already face. Their journey, fraught with battle and bloodshed, ends at the very portal of Arawn's stronghold. There, Taran is faced with the most crucial decision of his life.
In this breathtaking Newbery Medal-winning conclusion to The Chronicles of Prydain, the faithful friends face the ultimate war between good and evil.
About the Author
Lloyd Alexander (1924-2007) was the author of more than forty books for children and adults, including the beloved children's fantasy series, the Chronicles of Prydain, one of the most widely read series in the history of fantasy and the inspiration for the animated Disney film, The Black Cauldron. His books have won numerous awards, including the Newbery Medal, the Newbery Honor, and the National Book Award for Juvenile Literature.
“Greater, more disastrous, and demanding more courage are the battles into which Taran leads his followers against Arawn Death-Lord.... The book has the philosophical depth and overtones of great fantasy.” —The Horn Book
“The last may be the best.” —Kirkus Reviews